02 January 2013
1. What did you do in 2012 that you’d never done before?
Gained so much weight that I've reached numbers I've never seen before. And I'm not proud. Matter of fact, I'm beginning to worry...
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
Absolute FAIL. See #1
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
4. Did anyone close to you die?
5. What countries did you visit?
6. What would you like to have in 2013 that you lacked in 2012?
The ability to not be so damn cynical.
7. What dates from 2012 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
August 10 thru 18, the B.E.S.T. vacation I have ever taken in my life, with the family, to the nicest place with the bestest friends I have. To include meeting some really cool people I'd love to see again.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Getting some medical issues corrected to allow better living.
9. What was your biggest failure?
Letting others get the best of me emotionally.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
11. What was the best thing you bought?
Smart phones for us both. I feel so 2012-ish!
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
Not mine, for sure!
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
Republicans. Christians. 86.338% of all others.
14. Where did most of your money go?
Bills. Food. Kids.Therapy.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Claire calling me "daaa-deee" for the first time. Nate learning something new every day. My vacation (see above). My family.
16. What song will always remind you of 2012?
Headlong Flight by RUSH. Seems to sum up where I am in this life.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder?
b) thinner or fatter?
c) richer or poorer?
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Play drums. Exercised.
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Try and reason with people who do not understand reality, nor wish to.
20. How did you spend Christmas?
With the people whom I care most about.
21. Did you fall in love in 2012?
Yes. With my family life.
22. What was your favorite tv show?
HOMELAND. Best.Show.Ever. And enjoyed many others as well. Thanks, Mr. DVR!
23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
No. But there are new names on "the list"...
24. What was the best book you read?
World Without End by Ken Follett
25. What was your greatest musical discovery?
A couple of "modern" artists.
26. What did you want and get?
A vacation that felt like a vacation with people I really wanted to be around.
27. What did you want and not get?
Inner peace about my past.
28. What was your favorite film of this year?
End of Watch. Hold-your-breath-good!!! And have to mention MELANCHOLIA. It was so my kind of movie.
29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
Opened presents from the kids and had my favorite cake in the world- my wife's Carrot Cake. Yummo!
30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
30 pounds lighter.
31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2009?
Casual and comfortable in "The Dude"-kind-of-way...
32. What kept you sane?
33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Still enthralled with the members of RUSH.
34. What political issue stirred you the most?
All of it. Makes my blood boil.
35. Who did you miss?
36. Who was the best new person you met?
The Heathens at the Jersey house. What a great night.
37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2012?
I still have a lot of work to do and allow my loves to help.
38. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
"Life is better than the days behind
What's mine is yours and what's yours is mine
No aggravation that we can't get through
A situation for the lucky few
And every day is just a little more
Of time together to be happy for
I'm happy even when the times are rough
'Cause any time with you is good enough
When we love like we do
Love like we do
I don't believe in hatred anymore
I hate to think of how I felt before
When anger overwhelms your very soul
It's hard to realize you'll never know
All the love that we do..."
01 January 2013
So. A year has gone without a single post. Seems Facebook keeps everyone informed. But the blog keeps calling me...begging me to rant about so many things that I must keep secret. For the good of humanity (and those around me!). So I will just keep it caged, pent up until old age relieves me of the burden... See? Doesn't that admission make it all better???
- Jan 2013 (2)
- Jan 2012 (1)
- Oct 2011 (1)
- Aug 2011 (1)
- Jul 2011 (1)
- May 2011 (2)
- Jan 2011 (3)
- Dec 2010 (2)
- Sep 2010 (1)
- Jul 2010 (1)
- Feb 2010 (2)
- Jan 2010 (1)
- Oct 2009 (1)
- Jul 2009 (1)
- Jun 2009 (1)
- May 2009 (1)
- Apr 2009 (3)
- Mar 2009 (1)
- Feb 2009 (2)
- Jan 2009 (1)
- Dec 2008 (2)
- Nov 2008 (2)
- Oct 2008 (2)
- Sep 2008 (1)
- Jul 2008 (2)
- Jun 2008 (1)
- May 2008 (2)
- Apr 2008 (3)
- Mar 2008 (3)
- Feb 2008 (3)
- Jan 2008 (5)
- Dec 2007 (8)