06 November 2008

The first day of tomorrow

The election is over. All of you who "lost" need to GET OVER IT! I did in 2000 when I said W. was going to ruin this country. I did when all of you lived in fear and voted for him again in 2004. I did when our Constitution went through the shredder in the office of VP. I did it. Many times. For the good of my country. And now it's your turn.
But here's my duty: I won't EVER gloat, rub it in, laugh and point, or any of the other things I've endured over the last 8 years. I'm better than that. I hope you can finally also be. I hope you someday realize this is more than just partisan politics. I hope someday you realize we are all in this together- sink or swim. I hope someday we can meet face to face and discuss our differences. I hope someday you want to. I hope you are able to LISTEN to what I have to say. I hope you are capable enough to consider the options. I hope someday you can meet me on the surface. I hope the future still happens for my children. I hope it is better than today.
I will do my part. Will you?

1 comment:

Amy said...

You've been tagged. Check my blog to see what you have to do!

About Me

My photo
For those who don't know me that way... I spend most of my energies contemplating life and everyone in it- mostly feeding on a combination of fascination and frustration, which is most of what I feel for the world at large...

Good Night!

Blog Archive