13 December 2007

Holidays are all over us!?!?!!

My in box has been filling with holiday tidings, varied as they may be, and I am thankful for them all. Cards and photos (nowdays the same thing) line the mantle. It is so good to see old friends doing well.
But it reminds me of the one mail I received about the fundies "taking back christmas" and how the term "Happy Holidays" is an attempt to remove christ from the true meaning...
Seems they've been fighting this battle for many years now. And I'll say it yet again- "Happy Holidays" has nothing to do with the removal of christ from christmas. It is used- in the TRUE spirit of the American tradition as an all-inclusive holiday greeting (think:christmas, kwanza, hannukah, saturnalia, winter solstace, etc.,) to include New Year.
So for all the fundies out there- LIGHTEN UP!
If you call yourself a true patriot, then open your narrow minds and realize each one of us celebrate the same thing, regardless of its label!
Todays homework: http://www.religioustolerance.org/winter_solstice.htm
There may be a pop quiz tommorow!

About Me

My photo
For those who don't know me that way... I spend most of my energies contemplating life and everyone in it- mostly feeding on a combination of fascination and frustration, which is most of what I feel for the world at large...

Good Night!

Blog Archive