28 April 2008

we're not in oklahoma anymore...

So today I'm watching the TV and a tornado warning flashes across the screen. Yeah, right. This place never gets tornados. Most of the time, the updraft moisture gets labeled a tornado and some yahoo calls the police to report a tornado...
Then I go upstairs to look out at the approaching storm- and I watch a tornado form and travel within 200 yards of the house!!!! No damage to my house, but there was up the street! All those years in Oklahoma and never had I been that close. Funny how things work. And Nate never once stopped eating! Good for him. I suppose next time I may have to actually believe them...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was just watching the news and already called your brother and told him to call and check on you guys!!! I dont have a phone number to call you myself.....didnt figure you would have had time to post a blog already!!! Glad you guys are alright! Seems like Oklahoma might be the place to be anymore, between the earthquakes at your sisters and the tornadoes in VA--guess Im right where I want to be!!!
Say hello to Amy and the baby
Susan

About Me

My photo
For those who don't know me that way... I spend most of my energies contemplating life and everyone in it- mostly feeding on a combination of fascination and frustration, which is most of what I feel for the world at large...

Good Night!

Blog Archive